Did you know, the sooner you catch cancer, the better your chances are at overcoming it? Well, it’s true! Cancer is a serious threat to your life and if neglected, could lead to fatal consequences. Oral cancer is also a threat to your oral health, which is why it is essential to get your oral cancer screenings as part of your six-month checkup.
Our dentist, Dr. Bartholemew Schultz, can help evaluate you for oral cancer. Furthermore, our team at Smiles of Distinction in Savage, Minnesota, is happy to share some warning signs with you, so you know what to watch for.
Here are some common signs of oral cancer:
– Patches: if you see white, red or speckled patches in your mouth, this could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Inflammation: Swelling or lumps on your lips and gums or anywhere inside your mouth is always a sign something is amiss.
– Restrictions: If you find it difficult to chew, swallow foods or drinks, talking, or even moving your jaw and tongue, there could be a tumor preventing these things from happening.
– Sensitivity: If you have unexplained numbness, tenderness or loss of feeling in your face, mouth, or neck, you need to see a professional right away.
– Bleeding: Any unexplained bleeding in your mouth is always a hazard sign that should never be ignored.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please call us today at 952-894-2545 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to give your oral health a checkup and help you in any way we can.